- Rinse the beans under cold water. Pre-soak the red beans in water overnight.
- Put rock sugar, soaked beans and tangerine peel in a large pot or pressure cooker. Bring all the contents to a boil and then simmer until the beans are quite soft.
- Use a hand blender to blend until smooth or transfer the mixture to a blender. Add more water if you want a soupier consistency or coconut if you like a thicker consistency.
- After blending, you may use a sieve to remove the skin.
- Cook the sago in boiling water for around 10 mins and then set aside with lid covered for around 15 mins. The sago will be translucent and smooth when cooked. In order to remove the stickiness of cooked sago, we recommend rinsing in cold water for at least 1 min.
- Tip: Leftovers of this sweet soup can be frozen and made into delicious popsicles. You can also add in a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a refreshing treat.