- Grease a 20cm square baking tin. Sit it in a bamboo steamer on a pan or wok filled with 5cm of water.
- Mix rice with 150ml coconut milk, water and salt in a large bowl, and pour into the baking tin. Steam for 30 mins.
- Using a pair of chopsticks to loosen the rice, stir in remaining coconut milk.
- Turn off heat and leave the rice in the steamer for another 10 mins.
- Drizzle butterfly pea flower extract onto the rice to create a marbled effect. Remove from the steamer and press the rice firmly to create a compressed rice base layer.
- Set it aside to cool completely before cutting into pieces. Serve with kaya.