- Combine plain and rice flour together in a large bowl.
- Add prawns, onions, bean sprouts, spring onions and carrots in the bowl.
- Slowly add in the water and mix well. The mixture shouldn’t be too thick or runny. Ensure that all ingredients are coated well with flour.
- Season with a pinch of salt, sugar and pepper.
- Heat up oil in wok. Slowly put in some of the fritter batter into the hot oil and deep fry for a few minutes until crunchy. The size of each fritter is up to you, smaller ones give more crunch, while larger ones have a soft, fluffy texture on the inside.
- Drain and remove excess oil. Allow to cool for a bit and serve warm.