To Make the Batter
- Cut the peeled potato into more manageable pieces and blend the pieces using a mixer or a blender.
- Remove any excess water from the potato and set it aside for a few minutes, keeping both the water and potato.
- Cut the peeled onion into more manageable pieces and blend.
- Combine the blended potato and blended onion into a bowl and add a sprinkle of salt.
- Use the drained potato water from earlier and add it to the potato and onion mixture, ensuring that the new mixture is combined well.
- Put a pan on high heat and add oil.
- When the pan feels hot enough, place a ball of mixture into the pan and quickly flatten out the batter on the pan. Turn the heat down to medium.
- Before one side is fully cooked, throw a preferential amount of chilli slices into the pancake.
- Flip the pancake.
- Remove the pancake when the consistency is right for you.
- Finish cooking the remaining mixture.
- Plate up and serve with the homemade Korean pancake sauce.