- Cook pork belly in boiling water for 5 mins. Remove and set aside.
- In a large pot, add seasoning mix ingredients and bring to a boil. Place pork belly in and cook for 45 mins. Take out and drain.
- Using a metal skewer or ‘pork skin sticker’ tool, poke holes across the pork belly’s skin without piecing through the fats and meat. Wrap the surrounds of the pork belly with aluminium foil, leaving the skin on top uncovered. Sprinkle and coat the pork skin with a layer of coarse salt.
- Bake the pork belly in a preheated oven at the highest temperature using only the top heaters for 25 mins. Remove and discard the salt on top of the pork skin. Scratch out any burnt skin.
- Place the pork belly back into the oven and roast until the pork skin starts crackling. The skin should be crispy and golden brown. Remove and leave to cool before chopping into bite-sized pieces.