To Make the Pineapple Jam
- Grate the pineapple into a thick and coarse pulp.
- Place the pineapple pulp and sugar into a large saucepan. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat to medium.
- Cook the jam until it thickens to a spreadable consistency, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
To Make the Roll Cake
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 25cm square cake tin.
- Beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and sift in the flour. Fold through gently with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin. Bake for 12 mins.
- Remove the cake from mould immediately, then spread the pineapple jam on top. Carefully roll the cake and allow to cool seam side down.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing to serve.