- Lightly season the beef with ground pepper and set aside.
- In a jug, mix together the sweet soy sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, ginger and chilli. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cover the udon noodles with boiling water and set aside. Remember to drain after 3-4 mins.
- Heat oil in a wok or large pan.
- Stir fry beef in batches ensuring that the meat sizzles when placed in the wok. Remove each batch and set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil to rest.
- Add the garlic and mushroom to the wok and stir fry until the mushroom starts to brown in colour.
- Add the remaining vegetables and cashews to the wok and stir fry for about 2-3 mins.
- Reduce the heat of the wok slightly.
- Add the noodles and sauce mixture to the wok, toss through until all the noodles are coated. (Rinse the noodles in hot water before adding if required.)
- Finally, add the beef back to the wok and toss through.
- Bow to the awaiting crowd before serving.