For prawn Soup Stock
- Place 600g pork rib in a pot. Separately boil some hot water. Once boiled, scoop hot water over pork ribs, lightly blanch it and drain water out.
- Add all stock ingredients including 600g blanched pork rib. Bring to full boil and then turn over to low heat and leave to slow boil for 1½ hrs. Season with rock sugar and salt.
- Strain stock, retain soup. Add in the sambal chili paste – sambal recipe below (2½ tbsp or adjust to your preference).
For Sambal Chilli Paste
- Blend (Part A) till it becomes a paste.
- Heat oil in wok, add in blended (Part A), sauté for 10 mins.
- Add in chopped dried shrimps from (Part B), continue to cook for 5 mins.
- Add in seasonings in Part B and dish out set aside.
For Other Ingredients
- 200g fresh shrimps, stir fry in the same wok after dishing out the sambal paste, season with salt, set aside.
- 200g chicken breast, blanch in the prawn soup stock for 15 mins, remove and sliced or shredded then set aside.
- Water spinach (kangkung), blanch in hot water. Drain and set aside.
- Bean sprouts, blanch in hot water, drain and set aside.
- Yellow noodles and rice vermicelli, blanch in hot water, drained and set aside.
- Place noodles into serving bowl, top up with prawn soup stock and garnish with bean sprouts, water spinach (kangkung), hard-boiled eggs, chili shrimps, pork slices, sliced fish cakes, fried pork lards and fried shallots.