- Combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder and black sesame seeds in the panko crumbs. Add a pinch of salt into the whisked egg.
- Dip the tofu slices in the flour and remove the excess flour. Then dip the tofu slices into the egg wash and finally coat them in the seasoned panko crumbs. Put aside on a plate until all tofu slices have been coated.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan. Once your oil is hot, slowly put in the coated tofu.
- Let each side of the tofu cook for about 1-2 mins. Do not stir or toss. Once the tofu is golden brown, remove from the pan and set aside on a paper towel.
- Assemble your salad bowl by mixing the salad components; lettuce, cucumber, onions, corn kernels, nori sheets and any additional ingredients of your choice.
- Top the salad bowl with the crispy tofu and add in dressing of your choice; taste best with a roasted sesame Japanese dressing or a wasabi soy dipping sauce!