- Mix 100g okonomiyaki flour with 100ml water together and set aside.
- Finely chop cabbage and spring onion and add to batter mix. You could add in your chosen fillings.
- Add egg and mix the ingredients together. Do not over mix.
- Heat up a frying pan, add in 1 tsp oil and spread evenly. Pour okonomiyaki mixture into a round pancake shape in the centre of the pan. If using meat, cook the meat separately so it is ready to add into the pancake.
- Once the underside of the pancake is brown in colour, add the cooked meat to the top, flip over and cook the other side. Press down on pancake with a spatula to make it an even thickness.
- When both sides of the okonomiyaki are golden brown, flip on to a plate and cut into slices like a pizza.
- Lashing the pancake with okonomiyaki sauce and mayonnaise, sprinkle with bonito flakes, aonori seaweed, tenkasu tempura flakes and server with a portion of pickled ginger.
- If you do not find Okonomiyaki Flour, use 100g of plain flour mixed with 75ml of dashi or water and 1 tsp of baking powder.
- While the first side is cooking, try frying up some yakisoba noodles and flipping the pancake on to these when cooking the other side.
- Try laying streaks of bacon on the top before flipping sides.