- Add all laksa paste ingredients except for the oil into a blender or food processor. Blend or processor to achieve a coarse paste.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add oil. Fry the paste until aromatic and paste has browned. Set aside to cool.
- Add water, coconut cream and 1 cup fried laksa paste to a pot and bring to the boil over high heat.
- Lower heat to medium-low and add fried bean curd. Allow to simmer until laksa broth thickens to desired consistency.
- Season with chicken stock powder to taste.
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil over high heat.
- Blanch prawns, fish cake and Hokkien noodles separately for about 30 secs or until cooked. Set aside.
- Blanch vermicelli and beansprouts for 15 seconds. Set aside.
- To assemble laksa, add Hokkien noodles and vermicelli into serving bowls. Ladle over broth. Top with bean curds, prawns, fish cake, egg, beansprouts, Vietnamese mint and shredded cucumber. Serve.