Handmade meatball recipe
- Finely chop all the garlic and put it in a big bowl, mixing it together with the mince, tapioca flour, baking powder, 1 egg white, salt, sugar and white pepper.
- Using your hands and gloves, mix it properly for 3-5 mins.
- Boil 2 eggs until well-cooked, peel the skin off and leave it cold. Wrap it with batter/mix.
- Make small/medium round meatballs with the batter until it’s all used up.
- Boil the meatballs in a pot of boiling water for 5 mins. You can use this boiling water for the soup base or, use bones to boil a soup base.
Method for Noodle Soup
- Boil the egg noodles and vermicelli for 3 mins in boiling water.
- Put 1 tsp fish sauce, 1 tsp of soy sauce in the bowl with egg noodle and vermicelli then pour in the soup base (adjust to your taste – add more or less fish sauce and soy sauce or, maybe a bit of vinegar)
- You might put additional ABC Sweet Soy Sauce and Sambal Bakso for extra sweetness and spiciness. You can also add bok choy, coriander or pork crackling to your bakso.