- Place washed rice, salt and knotted pandan leaves in an electric rice cooker.
- Add coconut milk, water, ginger and salt over the rice and leave to soak for 30 mins.
- Then press “Cook”. Once cooked and on “keep warm” button, fluff rice with a ladle or chopsticks. Leave it on to keep warm.
- For sweet sambal, roast peanut on dry wok (no oil) on low heat, stirring to avoid burning peanut. When the peanuts are browned to liking, put the dish aside to cool.
- Blend A (with little water) till fine paste.
- Heat cooking oil in a wok, deep fry 1 cup of ikan bilis ( dried anchovies) till golden brown. Dish aside.
- Add in blended A into remaining oil, sauté till fragrant and aromatic.
- Add gula Melaka, tamarind peel, ½ cup water and salt, continue to sauté over low flame for 15-20 mins. When the paste becomes thick, taste and add more to your preference. Dish out.
- Serve with coconut rice and garnish with fried anchovies, cucumber slices, hard-boiled eggs and toasted peanuts.”/