- Combine salt and flour on a bench and make a well in the centre.
- Add water to the middle and turn in the flour to mix until dough is formed.
- Knead the dough for 8-10 mins by hand or with a stand mixer until the dough is beginning to become smooth, cover and rest for 15 mins.
- After resting, re-knead the dough for 2-3 mins to make it very smooth. Cover and rest for 1 hr.
To Make the Dumpling Filling
- use a large bowl and combine Shaoxing cooking wine, Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and white pepper.
- Follow by adding ¼ cup water chestnuts, spring onion, bok choy, carrot and mix well.
- Add 1 tsp cornflour along with the firm varieties of mushrooms first, king brown, shiitake, wood ear mushrooms and mix well.
- Finish the dumpling fillings by gently combining the oyster and enoki mushrooms to the mix and set aside.
To Make the Sauce
- Combine all dressing ingredients and mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Cut dough into 5 equal portions. Using a rolling pin, roll each out to a thickness of approximately 1mm.
- Using a knife, cut the rolled dough into squares of approximately 8 to 9cm in size. Keep the work surface dusted with flour throughout.
- To make the dumplings, begin by wetting the outer edges of the square wrappers with a little water to help them stick.
- Take a wrapper in the palm of your hand and place a little more than a teaspoon of filling in the centre.
- Fold the edge over to form a rectangle and seal all around leaving no air inside the dumpling. Finish by wrapping the two short edges around the rounded bump and join to form the delicious dumpling shape. Repeat until all wrappers and content has been used.
- Bring a large pot of water to a gentle boil, place in the dumplings and cook for approximately 5 to 6 mins.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to the boil and place in the full broccoli stems for approximately 2 to 3 mins.
- While the broccoli is cooking, combine garlic, Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and mix until the sugar is dissolved and set aside.
- Using a small saucepan, heat the vegetable oil and sesame oil for 30 secs and take off the heat.
- Drain broccoli and cut into four or five equal segments and place on serving plate.
- Pour the combination of vegetable and sesame oil over the broccoli, then pour over the oyster sauce mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
- Divide the dumplings into bowls, liberally drizzle the chilli sauce over the top and dress with finely sliced spring onions.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.