- Blend the 120g of durian flesh with the 2 tbsp of milk, making sure the durian flesh are soft.
- Lightly grease and flour a loaf cake tin, set aside.
- Sift flour and salt, set aside.
- Preheat the oven at 170°C.
- Beat butter and sugar till light, creamy and fluffy at high speed.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mix well.
- Stir in blended durian and mix to combine.
- Divide the sifted flour into 4 portions. Fold in 1 portion into the batter and mix well, scraping from the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 tbsp of buttermilk.
- Repeat again twice, ending with the 4th portion of flour.
- Pour a thin layer to the cake pan, sprinkle sliced durian chunks, then pour another layer of batter. Repeat until all batter is transferred to the cake tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 mins (baking time is longer as this cake contains durian flesh). Test with a skewer until it comes out clean. Let cake cool in mould for about 5-10 mins, before removing onto a wire rack to cool.