- Soak cucumber in salt and wash away the salt after 30 mins.
- Boil all other cut vegetables with vinegar and drain. Set aside to dry.
- Toast sesame seeds and set aside.
- Roast peanuts, remove and cool. Crush the peanuts.
- Heat oil and fry blended spices with oil until golden in colour. Set aside.
- Add sugar and tamarind to taste.
- Mix all pickled vegetables with fried spices well. (Squeeze cucumber dry before adding to fried spices)
- Add ground peanuts and sesame seeds to complete the acar. Pack acar in tightly sealed jars it can be refrigerated for 2-4 weeks.