- Clean and dry the fillets before transferring them in to a shallow dish and adding 2 tbsp of sake in and letting marinate for about 5 minutes.
- Wash and dry the fish place on to a plate skin side down. Salt generously and set aside for 10 minutes before washing again and drying with a paper towel.
- Preheat and oven to bake at 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a pan, combine the water, sake, mirin, soy, sugar and ginger together and heat over a medium-high flame. When the sauce begins to boil, reduce the heat and add in the fish fillets skin side up.
- Cover the pan and cook the fish for about 5 mins before flipping and cooking for another 5 mins.
- When the fish has cooked, carefully remove it from the pan and set it on to a baking tray lined with baking paper, skin side up.
- Continue making the sauce by slowly add in the miso paste and mix thoroughly so that clumps of miso aren’t left over. When the sauce begins to thicken, remove it from the heat and spoon or brush some on to the top of the fish.
- Place the fish in to the oven and bake for about 5 minutes or until the skin begins to become crisp and bubbles slightly. Alternatively, you can grill the fish but ensure that you pay close attention to the fish as the skin can burn very easily.
- When the fish has crisped up slightly, remove it from the oven and transfer it to a serving plate with the sauce.
- Garnish the fish with spring onions and sesame seeds and serve!