To Make Dashi
- Wipe konbu with a damp cloth. Cut konbu into strips. Add to the water, and bring to the boil. Once boiling, add 1 cup of cold water to stop boiling.
- Add the bonito flakes. Return to the boil, simmer on low heat for around 10 min. Strain through a fine sieve, and return to the stove.
- Take about half a cup of your hot dashi, and combine with miso in a small bowl, until smooth and runny. Add this to the remaining dashi, stirring until combined. Keep hot. Add soy sauce to taste, if desired.
- Prepare Hakubaku Ramen noodles as per the packet instructions.
- Arrange servings of Hakubaku Ramen noodles, chicken slices, egg, carrot, cucumber, bok choy, shallots and chilli in two bowls. Pour half the hot dashi miso into each bowl. Make sure dashi is hot so that it will blanch the bok choy.