- Stir fry chicken breast slices. You may like to marinate them first.
- [Optional] Make dashi: Wipe konbu with a damp cloth. Cut konbu into strips. Add to the water, and bring to the boil. Once boiling, add a further 1 cup of cold water, to stop boiling. Add the bonito flakes. Return to the boil, simmer on low heat for around 10 min. Strain through a fine sieve, and return to the stove. (Alternative: boil 3 cups of water.)
- Take about half a cup of your hot dashi or water, and combine with miso in a small bowl, until smooth and runny. Add this to the water or dashi, stirring until combined. Keep hot. Add soy sauce to taste, if desired.
- Julienne carrot and cucumber. Slice your shallots and fresh chilli on a steep diagonal. Slice your hard-boiled eggs. Cut bok choy leaves in half lengthwise.
- Prepare Hakubaku Ramen noodles as per the packet instructions.
- Arrange servings of Hakubaku Ramen noodles, chicken slices, egg, carrot, cucumber, bok choy, shallots, chilli and egg in two bowls. Pour half the hot dashi miso into each bowl (NB: it needs to be hot so it will blanch the bok choy.) Top with bean sprouts. Serve, and enjoy.