To Make Burger Filling
- Place all Burger Filling ingredients in a blender. Blend until well combined.
To Make the Burger
- Dust one side of two lotus root slices with dry Tempura Batter powder. Place 1 heaped spoonful of filling mix on one of the dusted lotus root slice, then place the second lotus root slice on top, dusted side down. Press firmly so that some of the filling fills the larger holes. Keep the filling the same thickness as the lotus root slices. Wrap a length of Nori around the Burger. Dust top and bottom of wrapped Burger with more dry Tempura Batter powder. Repeat with remaining lotus root slices and filling. Set aside.
To Make Cabbage and Radish Salad
- Mixing all ingredients together in small bowl. Top with fried shredded ginger. Set aside.
To Make Amber Dipping Sauce
- Mix the kombu dashi stock, soy sauce, light soy sauce and mirin in a small pot, and bring to a boil. Dissolve potato starch in cold water and add to the pot. Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens slightly, stirring. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frypan. Shallow fry mini burgers over medium heat for 3-4 mins each side until filling is cooked through and lotus root slices are golden but still crunchy.
- Serve hot with salad, dipping sauce and a cold beer!