To Make Dipping Sauce
- Divide scallions into 4 small bowls, cover with ponzu sauce and add a few dashes of shichimi togarashi. Adjust amount to your preference, set aside.
To Make Mille Feuille Nabe
- Wash wombok and drip dry.
- Stack about 5 wombok leaves alternate with sliced pork belly. Cut to the height of pot and arrange them in a circle until the entire pot is filled up. Stuff in some enoki mushrooms in the centre.
- Slot some thin carrot slices in between the wombok for a vibrant outcome.
- In a jug, mix dashi with water, sliced ginger, sake, light soy sauce and salt.
- Pour over the arranged wombok in the pot. Cover and boil till bubbling.
- Using a skimmer, skim away any scum that floats on the soup.
- Let it continue to boil for 5 minutes or till wombok is soft.
- Serve with dipping sauce.