- Cut the salmon into bite-size pieces at an angle by holding your knife diagonally, nearly parallel to the cutting board. This method gives the ingredient more surface area so that it cooks faster and soaks up flavour quickly.
- Season fish with ½ tsp salt and a pinch of black pepper.
- Cut the cabbage into large pieces. Wash and peel the potatoes, cut into cubes. Then cut the onion into wedges.
- Pour 3 cups of water into a clay pot; add miso paste, heat until it boils. Add in onions, potatoes and cabbage; cover and let it boil until potatoes are soft. Then remove lid, add the salmon, cover and cook quickly.
- Once all ingredients are cooked, add milk and butter and mix thoroughly. Black pepper may be added to taste.