To Make the Flavouring Paste
- Blend all ingredients until very finely chopped. Set aside.
To Cook the Mie Goreng
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan or wok on high heat. Add prawns and stir fry until just cooked. Remove from pan.
- Add chicken, stir fry until well cooked. Remove from pan.
- Add more oil to the pan if necessary. Break eggs into the pan, let sit for a few seconds, then stir until cooked, but leave it in chunks.
- Add 1 tbsp oil into the pan. Add in the Flavouring Paste, stir until fragrant and starting to dry (approx. 2 mins). Add beef balls, cabbage, carrots, water and stir until vegetables have softened and balls are warmed through.
- Stir in tomatoes and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low. Return the noodles, prawns and chicken to the pan and add in the sweet soy sauce, soy sauce and chilli sauce. Stir until well combined and warmed through.
- Sprinkle over fried shallots. Serve immediately.