- Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced.
- Grease 2 ramekins with butter and dust with matcha powder so that it is easier to remove the cake when it is baked.
- Combine matcha powder and hot water and mix well until it becomes a paste. Set aside.
To Make Lava Cake
- Boil some water in a saucepan. Place white chocolate and butter into a large bowl and place over the boiling water. Stir until chocolate and butter are melted and well mixed. Remove from double boiler and let cool slightly.
- Add egg into the mixture and whisk to combine well.
- Add matcha paste and whisk to combine well, use a spatula or spoon to help with breaking the clumps.
- Add flour and mix until well combined.
- Divide the batter into 2 portions and pour into the ramekins.
- Bake for 7-8 mins, or until the top of the cake forms into a crust and not moist. Make sure they are not overbaked.
- Remove from the oven and invert onto plates.
- Optional: Add red bean paste and white chocolate chips to the side, dust with icing sugar and matcha powder.
- Serve immediately.
- Only dust a little matcha powder to serve, or else it might get too bitter.