- Soak lotus seeds overnight. Split in half and remove the bitter, green sprouts. Boil for about 1 hr or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Soak lily bulbs for 30 mins. Boil for 15 mins. Remove and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Boil the ginkgo nuts over medium heat for 3 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Rinse the basil seeds under cold running water, then soak in cold water for at least 10 mins or until they swell. Drain and set aside.
- Soak malva nuts in warm water and soak for 30 mins or until they expand. Then remove the seeds and stem by hand. Rinse in cold water. Remove as much liquid by squeezing and set aside.
- Soak snow fungus for 15 mins or until soft. Rinse and remove dirty particles, cut off hard stem and tear into small florets. Drain and set aside.
To Make Dessert Soup
- Combine all the syrup ingredients and the snow fungus in a medium sized saucepan. Boil over medium low heat for about 20 mins or until snow fungus are cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, add some of each prepared ingredient. Ladle over the sweet soup together with some of the dried longans and snow fungus.
- Serve warm, or cold with some ice cubes.