- Rinse dried cuttlefish.
- In a medium pot, fill half-full with water, add pork bones and bring to boil. Once boiled, drain the bones and wash any dark marrow or coagulated blood off from the pork with cold water. This helps to reduce scum appearing on top of the surface of the soup.
- Then fill a pot with 2.5L of water, add in blanched pork bones, lotus root, red dates, raw peanuts and dried cuttlefish. Bring contents to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and allow soup to simmer for 2-3 hrs.
- Skim off any scum appearing on top of the surface.
- Taste test and season with salt.
- Serve hot in individual bowls.