- Add drained and mashed tofu into a large mixing bowl.
- Add minced pork, soy sauce, white pepper, sesame oil, wine, minced ginger, 1 tbsp of salt and corn starch into the mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Start making your meatballs. It should be the size of your fist as it is called Lion’s Head.
- In a frying pan, add oil and heat over medium heat. In small batches, sear meatballs until golden brown on one side carefully as you do not want to break them. Rotate them to sear evenly and to maintain its round meatball shape. Transfer seared meatballs to a bowl.
- Don’t throw away or wipe away any rendered fat or oil. After the last batch of meatballs have been seared and transferred to the bowl, add the wombok into the pan in batches, and saute briefly until they have slightly browned/yellowed. Add more oil if necessary. Remove from pan.
- In a claypot, add meatballs, followed by shiitake mushrooms and stock. Bring to boil and simmer for 30-45 mins. Add wombok to the claypot 10 mins before serving.
- Then add the soaked mung bean threads to the pot, close the lid. This should take about 1-2 mins to cook.
- Garnish spring onions on top. Serve immediately with rice.