- In a mixing bowl, break up the tofu in to really small pieces.
- Add minced pork, soy sauce, white pepper, sesame oil, wine, minced ginger, 1 tbsp of salt and corn starch into the mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Start making your meatballs. It should be the size of your fist as it is called Lion’s Head.
- In a frying pan, add oil and heat over medium heat. In small batches, sear meatballs until golden brown on one side carefully as you do not want to break them. Rotate them to sear evenly and to maintain its round meatball shape. Transfer seared meatballs to a bowl.
- Retain the fat and oil from cooking the meatballs and add in the wombok to saute until they have turned slightly yellow and wilted. Remove the wombok from the pan and set aside.
- In a claypot, add meatballs, followed by shiitake mushrooms and stock. Bring to boil and simmer for 30-45 mins. Add wombok to the claypot 10 mins before serving.
- Then add the soaked mung bean threads to the pot, close the lid. This should take about 1-2 mins to cook.
- Remove the claypot from the stove and garnish with spring onions on top. Serve immediately with rice.