- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Wash and pat dry the beef and pork bones. Lay them on a tray and roast in the pre-heated oven for 1 hour.
- Next, place all ingredients for the soup base (except for spring onions) into a spice bag.
- Fill a pressure cooker with water and add in roasted bones, spice bag and spring onions. Pressure cook for 1 hour. If you do not have a pressure cooker, you will need to boil for 2-3 hours to bring out the flavours.
- In a separate pot, fill it with water and let it boil. Place beef shanks in and bring everything to boil for 10-12 mins to remove all the scum and impurities.
- Once the beef shanks have been boiled, place them into the pressure cooker with the other ingredients and pressure cook for 30 mins.
- Once completed, remove and discard all the bones and spices. Set beef shanks aside to cool before slicing into thin slices.
- Add the sliced radish into the soup and let it boil for 5-8 mins. Season the soup with salt to taste.
To Make Hot Chilli Oil
- Heat up the cooking oil in a small saucepan together with the spices under low fire for 15-18 mins. Strain oil into a deep bowl. Next, pour in the crushed chillies and stir in the salt and sugar. Set aside.
- In a deep pot, boil enough water and cook noodles, portion by portion, following the instructions on the packaging.
- Assemble the cooked noodles, sliced beef and radish before scooping enough soup to cover.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, spring onions and chilli oil.