- Add water to the twigim mix. Mix lightly using chopsticks.
- Add the vegetable ingredients to the batter and mix.
- Heat oil in a wok or saucepan and fry the battered vegetables in small batches, dropping about 2 tbsp of mixture at a time. Take twigim (Korean tempura) out of the oil when they turn pale gold or when the vegetables have started to soften. This should take about 2 mins.
- Drain fried vegetables on paper towel. Leave it to cool. Re-fry twigim or tempura in moderately hot oil, until it turns golden and crisp. Drain well on paper towel before serving with dipping sauce.
- Note: If not using the Korean tempura flour, substitute with ¾ cup flour, ¼ cup of cornflour, 1-2 tbsp rice flour, 1 egg and ½ tsp salt. You can substitute sweet potatoes or potatoes with other root vegetables.