To Prepare Crispy Mushrooms
- In a sauce pan, heat up light soy sauce, gochujang, rice vinegar, rice syrup and mirin till it bubbles. Let it simmer till it thickens on low fire for 4-5 mins. Remove from stove and set aside.
- Dry the soaked mushrooms with paper towels.
- Coat mushrooms with potato flour.
- Heat about ½” of oil in a medium pot till it r eaches 160C. Fry coated mushrooms till light brown in small batches.Scoop up and set them on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Reheat the oil to 160C and fry the mushrooms again till golden brown about 2 mins. Scoop up and let them cool on paper towels lined plate.
- Reheat the sweet sauce and toss in the capsicum and stir for a min.
- Add in the fried mushrooms and stir till all are well coated with sauce.
- Serve with some toasted sesame seeds.