- If using frozen tteokbokki, set aside to defrost, and marinade with sesame oil.
- Slice beef into 5 cm long, 0.3 cm wide/thick pieces. Soak the shiitake mushrooms and dried for 1 hour. Slice them the same size as the beef.
- Slice the onion, green and red capsicum into thin slices.
- Remove the head and tail of mung bean sprouts and rinse thoroughly.
- Prepare seasoning sauce A and B in separate bowls.
- Preheat the oil in wok, and then stir-fry the onion and pumpkin for about 2 min on medium heat. Add green and red capsicum and stir-fry for another 15-20 mins.
- Season the beef and mushrooms with seasoning sauce A, and add to the wok to stir-fry for 2 mins on medium heat. Dish out and set aside.
- Heat up the wok again, and stir-fry the rice cake sticks with seasoning sauce B on medium heat until tteokbokki softens to the required texture.
- Return the beef, mushrooms, pumpkin, onions, green and red capsicum and mung bean sprouts to the wok, then stir-fry for another 30 secs.
- Turn the heat off, and in the thinly sliced egg omelette and mix thoroughly.
- Dish out and serve immediately while it’s hot.