- First, combine all the ingredients for the chicken marinade in a mixing bowl. Then add your chicken to the marinade and mix well. Cover and leave in the fridge to marinate for about 20 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix all the ingredients for the garlic sauce and set aside for later.
- When the chicken has marinated enough, get it from the fridge and combine with the batter ingredients. Using your hands or a spatula, mix the chicken and the batter well.
- Heat up enough oil for deep frying in a wok until it reads 175°C on a thermometer. Add the chicken to the hot oil one at a time. Remove them from the oil when they float and drain off the any excess oil.
- Deep fry the chicken for another round to give them a nice crisp. Remove from the wok and drain off any excess oil. Place on paper towels to remove as much oil as possible and set aside for later.
- In a hot pan, add the chilli oil, leek and dried chillies. Stir fry until fragrant over medium high heat.
- Add the cubed vegetables to the pan and stir fry until the onions start to turn translucent.
- Add the garlic sauce and mix well. Allow it to cook down into a thicker sauce.
- Finally add the deep-fried chicken to the pan and toss it to coat the chicken with the sauce. Transfer to a serving dish and serve with steamed rice.