- Pour salt over cabbage in a large bowl and let it stand for at least 3 hrs or until the cabbage is wilted. Wash cabbage three times, drain well and set aside.
- Mix 1½ tbsp salt to sliced mu (radish) bowl, leave for 15 mins, drain and set aside.
- Mix water and rice flour in a small pot and bring the paste to boil while stirring constantly. This should take about 1 minute. Turn off the heat, placed rice paste into a bowl and let it cool.
- Mix gochugaru (Korean chilli powder) with rice paste. Set aside. Blend garlic, ginger, onions and salter shrimp in a blender or a stick blender.
- Mix all the ingredients with the cabbage in a large bowl, adding the green onions towards the end. Pack kimchi into a clean glass jar and let it ferment for 2-3 days at room temperature. Place kimchi in the fridge when it’s fermented to your liking.