- Add salt to radish in a big bowl and mix well. Leave for about 30 mins.
- Add rice powder to cold water in a saucepan and mix until flour is dissolved. Bring flour mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook until mixture comes to a paste. This should take about 2 mins. Let this cool.
- Mix chilli powder to the cooled rice paste. Set aside.
- Blend garlic, ginger, shrimp paste, fish sauce and half the onions. Set aside. Cut rest of onions into 2cm dices. Set aside this garlic mixture.
- Drain radish well in a colander. Mix in the chilli powder mixture to the radish in a large bowl. Leave for at least 5 mins.
- Mix in blended garlic mixture to radish as well as diced onions. Gently mix in sugar and green onions to radish. Season with extra salt and sugar if needed.
- Pour kimchi into a clean, good quality Tupperware container or glass jar and leave to ferment at room temperature for at least 2-3 days. After this, keep radish kimchi in the fridge.