To Make Stock
- In a stockpot, place meat in 2L cold water. Bring to a boil then skim off impurities that float to the surface. Reduce heat, add garlic cloves and 1 whole spring onion. Simmer the stock for about 1½ hr or until the meat pulls apart easily.
- Remove the meat from pot and discard the garlic and spring onion. Skim off any fat that may float on top of the stock.
To Make Mandu Soup
- Thinly slice or pull apart ⅓ of the meat. Season sliced beef with salt and pepper and combine with 1 green onion (sliced), dash of sesame oil and minced garlic.
- Bring the stock to a boil and add the rice cakes, kimchi mandu and soy sauce. Cook until the rice cakes are very soft and mandu is cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle rice cake and kimchi soup into individual bowls and top with seasoned meat, eggs, sliced green onions and shredded nori. Sprinkle more pepper on top of the soup..