- With a blender, blend all spice paste ingredients, except the dried shrimps and oil, set aside.
- Blend the dried shrimps and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add the blended spice paste and fry for 45 mins. Remove and set aside.
- In the same wok, fry the blended dried shrimps until fragrant, add the spice paste back in.
- Add ½ of the coconut milk, 1 tbsp at a time, then add laksa leaves.
- Add the water along with the reserved dried shrimps water, and the remaining coconut milk. Stirring, boil for 30 mins.
- Add puffed tofu and cook for another 10 mins.
- Place the rice noodles and bean shoots in a serving bowl. Pour in the laksa soup and top with prawns and fish cakes. Serve hot.