- In a large bowl, mix lightly but completely the chicken thighs (each cut into approx. 4 pieces), ginger, garlic, mirin, soy and sake together. Leave and let marinate for at least 20 mins.
- Start preheating wok with enough vegetable oil for frying (approx. 180°C).
- Mix cornflour and plain flour together.
- Take drained pieces of marinated chicken and coat firmly in the flour mixture piece by piece. Set aside on separate dish to let stand for at least 10 mins.
- Once the oil has reached temperature, add chicken pieces one at a time but do not overcrowd the wok (dependant on wok size and volume of oil).
- Continue in batches, cooking for 3 mins and setting aside on a cooling rack to drain. Keep wok on a steady heat.
- Fill serving bowls with steamed rice, garnish bowls with lemon wedge and rational amount of lettuce in preparation.
- Return all chicken back to wok for further 1 min before final drain on cooling rack.
- Once drained, divide amongst bowls and serve with Kewpie Mayonnaise dusted with shichimi togarashi pepper mix.
- Squeeze lemon over chicken & eat while hot and juicy. Enjoy!