- In a large saucepan, bring the broth to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Have at least 1L of water boiled and set aside for the noodles.
- Whilst the broth is heating up, heat a frying pan with sesame oil on high heat. Add the kangaroo steak (don’t overcook). Sear kangaroo meat for 1 min each side then remove from the pan and set aside to rest. Tent the meat with foil to prevent it from cooling down too much.
- In the same pan with the residual oil, reduce to a medium heat and add the onions and celery. Once translucent, add the sliced mushrooms and fry until the contents begin to brown. About 1 minute before removing the contents, reduce the heat and add the garlic and half of the chilli
- Transfer contents directly into the simmering broth. Add the drained straw mushrooms and water chestnuts to the broth. Test for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Prepare the noodles as directed on the packet.
- Transfer the noodles to serving bowls then use a ladle to transfer the broth and vegetables into the bowls. Thinly slice the kangaroo steaks and add to the bowl, add Panda Brand Oyster sauce to the top of the meat. Garnish with the reserved sliced chilli, toasted sesame seeds, finely sliced carrot, beansprouts, sliced spring onion and fried shallots.