- Let the rice cool down so that it is cold enough to handle. While waiting, cut the seaweed sheet in to 4 long strips to wrap the onigiri with.
- Once the rice has cooled, add the furikake seasoning and gentle fold in to the rice until thoroughly mixed.
- To Make the Onigiri
- Wet your hands slightly with water and rub half a teaspoon of salt in to them.
- Place about a cup of rice in to one hand and a de-seeded pickled plum in to the centre.
- Fold the rice over the plum and begin shaping in to a triangular shape.
- Once the shape has been formed, wrap the onigiri in the seaweed strip and serve.