To Prepare Fried Rice
- Heat up frying pan with cooking oil on medium heat. Then sauté the chopped onion until soft.
- Next, add in sliced mushrooms and stir to combine, then add in rice and stir for a min. Add in ham, stir for a min then add in green peas. Once all ingredients are combined, season with salt and pepper. Lastly, add in tomato sauce and stir for 1 minute until all ingredients are coated. Set aside.
To Make Omelette
- In a smaller frying pan, heat up 1 tsp of butter and evenly coat the base of the pan once melted.
- Whisk 2 eggs with 1 tbsp of milk. Add egg mixture to the pan and swirl pan around to make a thin omelette. Test the center of the omelette with a pair of chopsticks. When it begins to begins to set, spoon a portion of fried rice across the middle section, then, wrap both sides of the omelette over the rice.
- Slide the omelette and flip over onto serving plate.
- Repeat steps for the second Omurice.
- Heat up the ingredients for the tonkatsu tomato sauce a saucepan until it starts to bubble. Scoop a sauce over Omurice. As an option, serve with steamed broccoli, fresh cherry tomatoes and sliced cucumber on the side.