- Combine the marinade ingredients in a porcelain or glass baking dish. Mix well until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add the vegetables and chilli into the marinade and mix well. Set aside for later.
- In a deep fryer or wok, heat up enough vegetable oil to 175°C. You want to have enough oil to complete submerge your pieces of fish.
- Pour your flour onto a plate and drop the fish into the flour to coat. Make sure each piece of fish is completely coated with flour and shake lightly to remove any excess flour.
- Piece by piece, add the fish into the hot oil and deep fry until cooked through.
- Place the cooked fish on some paper towels to remove any excess oil. Transfer the fish into the marinade while still hot.
- Carefully mix the fish in the marinade to completely coat them with the marinade.
- Marinate the fish overnight in the fridge for best results, otherwise the fish need to be marinated for at least half an hour.
- Serve when ready with some white rice.