- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, leaving a little skin/fat on for extra crispiness.
- Add Japanese soy sauce, cooking Sake, egg, ginger and garlic in a bowl and mix well. Then, add the chicken, coat well and allow to marinate for 30 mins.
- Drain any excess liquid from the chicken and coat with potato starch.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan to 165°C for 2 minutes. Remove for 2 minutes leaving it to sit, then put the chicken pieces back on the pan and fry at 180°C for 2 minutes. Once cooked and golden brown in colour, remove and allow to drain on a wire rack or paper towel.
- Serve hot with Kewpie Mayonnaise Wasabi Flavour. For a savoury dip, try Obento Tonkatsu Sauce.