- Cook the sushi rice in a rice cooker. When done, scoop into a bowl and let it air dry.
- Mince 2 of the garlic cloves and slice the other 2 cross-wise (so that you can see the hole in the middle).
- Pick the leaves off the parsley and finely chop them.
- Heat up the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat and fry the garlic slices until they are golden brown (do not overcook them otherwise they will be bitter). Set aside to be served with the garlic fried rice.
- In the same pan with the oil, stir-fry the minced garlic until fragrant. Then add the butter into the pan and let it melt and infuse with the garlic and olive oil.
- Swirl the butter and oil around to coat the pan then add the cooked rice. Using a wooden spoon or spatula break up the rice into small chunks and mix well with the butter.
- Add the soy sauce and toss to coat the rice with the soy sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper, then stir in the chopped parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the fried garlic slices and serve hot.