- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients for sauce and set aside.
- Prepare and slice all vegetables and meat.
- In a frying pan, heat oil on medium-high heat, and then add meat to cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add onions, carrots and cabbage, and cook until almost tender. Then add spring onions and shitake mushrooms and cook for another 1 min. Season with black pepper and stir-fry to mix well.
- In the meantime, prepare yakisoba or ramen noodles as per instructions on packaging. Before adding the yakisoba or ramen noodles to the frying pan, separate the noodles with your hands. Lower the heat to medium and add the yakisoba or ramen noodles. Pour yakisoba sauce over the noodles, and stir-fry to combine yakisoba or ramen noodles with ingredients.
- Transfer yakisoba to plates and serve with benishouga (pickled red ginger) and aonori (dried green seaweed).
- Note: Adjust the amount of yakisoba sauce used according to the amount of ingredients. Too much sauce will make your yakisoba soggy, while too little sauce will result in the lack of flavour.