To Make Japanese Dumplings
- In a large mixing bowl, add shiratamako, joshinko and sugar, mix well.
- Add in warm water bit by bit while kneading the dough slowly until smooth and soft.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions, then divide each portion into 3 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball.
- In a large pot of boiling water, gently add in the dumplings. After they start floating on the surface, cook for 1 more min. Remove and transfer to ice water.
To Make Coating
- In a plate, mix the soybean flour and sugar until well combined.
- Drain the dumplings and put 3 balls into each bamboo skewer. Coat with the sweet soy flour and serve.