- Prepare all the ingredients as required in the ingredients list.
- Put the oil in a pan over medium-high heat and cook until the onions have softened.
- Add the meat and sugar, cooking until any pinkness has faded. Add sake, mirin and soy sauce.
- Turn the heat down and let the mixture simmer for 2-3 mins.
- Add the egg over the beef, ensuring that the mixture is spread out. Cover the pan with a lid while waiting for the egg to cook. Add the green onion for a few seconds before taking the pan off of the heat.
- Divide the cooked rice and beef and egg into the required portions. Drizzle the desired amount of sauce on top and garnish with your sliced green onions and pickled ginger.