- Add sugar into a bowl of warm milk and stir until dissolved. Pour in yeast and allow to stand for 10 mins until mixture begins to foam.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir in flour, salt and baking powder until combined. Create a well in the centre and crack in eggs. Gently whisk the eggs and stir into the flour. Gradually pour in milk-yeast mixture while stirring to combine until a smooth and thick batter is achieved. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and set aside in a warm area for 30 mins. The batter will have air bubbles all over at the end of the stand time.
- Brush some melted butter over a non-stick pan (12-inch) and heat over medium fire. Pour in the batter and swirl the pan to evenly spread out the batter across the base of the pan and also to the sides. Leave to cook on medium-low heat until bubbles begin to form on the pancake’s surface. This will take around 10 mins. Carefully lift the bottom of the pancake to check the colour. It should be golden brown.
- Sprinkle sugar evenly across the pancake and cover the pan. Leave to cook for another 15 mins over low heat.
- The pancake should be all puffed up once ready. Transfer the pancake to a large plate and brush about ¼ cup of melted butter across the pancake’s surface. Top with hazelnut spread, chocolate chips or sprinkles (or a combination!). Sprinkle some roasted peanuts and cheese. Drizzle some condensed milk across the pancake. Fold the pancake into half and brush more melted butter on the browned surface of the pancake. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cut and serve warm.