- Blend spices for spice blend together into a fine paste.
- In a separate big mixing bowl, add the flour, egg, salt, kaffir lime leaves, coconut milk and water. Mix until well combined.
- Once the batter has been mixed, add in the raw peanuts and anchovies.
- Heat wok up with enough oil for deep frying. Scoop a spoonful of the batter and gentlly spoon the mixture down the side of the wok just slightly above the oil level and let the batter drip into the oil. Depending on the size of the wok, you can do a few spoonfuls at a time.
- Using a wok stirrer, scoop some hot oil on top of the batter to bathe it in oil so it will cook and slide off the side of the wok into the oil.
- Fry for a few mins turning both sides until they turn light brown.
- Scoop up and drain off oil on a wire rack. Serve!