- Slice the tempeh in to small rectangular sections and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the marinade ingredients together and mix well. Add in the tempe slices and mix to coat. Let the tempeh marinate for at least 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, remove the kale leaves from the stems and rinse, drain and pat dry; ready to fry.
- Fill a small pot with enough oil to deep fry over a medium heat until the oil reaches a temperature of about 180 °C.
- Fry the kale in batches for about a minute to a minute and a half each batch. When they have cooked, remove them from the oil and let them drain on paper towels or a wire rack.
- Season with salt and pepper as they drain.
- In a pot, boil enough water to cook the soba noodles. Cook the noodles as per the packet instruction and when they have cooked through, rinse and drain them before setting them aside.
- In a frying pan, add half of the peanut oil and heat it over a medium-high heat. Add in the broccolini and stir-fry until it has become tender but still crispy.
- When the broccolini has cooked, transfer them out of the pan and add in the remaining peanut oil in to the pan.
- When the oil has heated up, add in the tempeh and fry for about 2 mins on each side. Reserve the leftover marinade and ensure that you pay attention to how quickly the tempeh will cook as the sides will caramelise quickly.
- When the tempe is cooked, remove them from the pan and turn the stove off. Pour the remaining marinade on to the pan and let the residual heat warm it up.
- To plate, arrange the noodles on to a dish and top with the broccolini, tempeh, kale and then drizzle with the sauce from the pan. Dust with shichimi togarashi for a bit of extra heat and serve!