- Whisk all the “Frying Batter” ingredients together until smooth and set aside.
- Thoroughly coat chicken cubes in frying batter and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients of the “Honey Sesame Sauce” together and set aside.
- Heat up a sauté pan and add about 5cm of oil on medium to high heat.
- When the oil is fully heated, gently drop in the battered chicken cubes, one by one, making sure it is spread out to prevent sticking together. Continue to fry until the colour changes to golden brown. Dish out and drain on paper towels.
- Transfer 2 tbsp of the frying oil in a wok or skillet, stir-fry the garlic until aromatic. Add in the Honey Sesame Sauce, and bring to a light simmer or until the sauce thickens.
- Add chicken to sauce and stir-fry to combine both. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on chicken, dish out and serve immediately with steamed white rice, or Chinese fried rice.