- Using a spice grinder or mortar and pestle, grind the white sesame seeds a few times until they are partially ground with some still whole.
- Heat up a frying pan on low heat and fry the white sesame seeds for 5 mins. Then, add in the black sesame seeds and continue to stir for around 10 mins or until the white sesame seeds turn a light golden brown and are fragrant.
- Stack nori sheets together and and cut or crush into small pieces.
- Grind the bonito flakes into small pieces in a spice grinder or using a mortar and pestle.
- Place the sesame seeds into a bowl then add in the rest of the ingredients, adding the optional salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Use the Furikake to season your dish and store it in an air-tight container. It keeps up to 6 months.